Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's autumn. And thoughts turn to nesting. Or is it jesting?

My dude and I decided we would be super geeks and together form a little book club to read Infinite Jest (members: me and him). It's my favorite novel, and he's never read it, and I've never read it with someone else, so I think it's going to be pretty fun.

Just to whet the appetite I thought I'd flip the book pages, open to a random page, and type whatever sentence my eyes happen to fall on. I like to do this with books as a way to tell one's fortune for the day. Am I the only one who does this? It's also a great party icebreaker.

Ok here goes!!!

My fortune: Ok wait, false start, this sentence was really crap...

MY FORTUNE!!!: "I commit no illegal or degrading acts. But I will, if forced, beg."

Whoa. That was pretty intense, no? I think we all know what that means!

Just kidding I don't really know. But I am all the more excited to start reading this book again.

No comments: