Friday, May 15, 2009

Harvey come back! You can blame it all on me.

I've been bad at blogging lately. Mostly because I've been dying of swine flu (actually a respiratory infection), but hopefully this will be rectified soon as I got a prescription for Amoxicillin yesterday. The doctor prescribed the highest dose available, twice a day, which is twisting my stomach in knots, but hopefully killing off all the nasties!

Anyways, on a happier, and completely unrelated note, we have started planting in the pots on the deck. Some heirloom tomatoes and peppers, cilantro and other herbs... I'm excited already! It made me think of last summer and I remembered my friend Harvey Pekar the baby praying mantis who took up shop in the mint. He looked a little like this:



One day he just disappeared though. I was terrified the next time I saw him he would be full-sized, peering around the tomatoes (I'm not so much into the mantises when they are huge), but I think he just left for greener pastures. Maybe one of his kin will come back this year, though!

No comments: