Sunday, May 24, 2009

Leah

I had some heartbreaking news yesterday about the loss of a really inspiring, sweet and genuine person, my friend Leah. Leah was working in Ghana doing development work for the research institute where I used to work in DC. She was involved in a car accident in Ghana and didn't make it through.

I am so saddened for her family and friends and having a hard time thinking of consoling thoughts at this time. Her life was cut so short and I find it devastating to think what a great loss this will be to everyone who knew her. The only thing that brings a little comfort to me was that Leah was truly living her life with great passion and joy. She was so dedicated to her work and so excited to be living in Ghana and traveling throughout Africa. And despite her serious work ethic, she was a totally fun and spirited person to be around. I will be thinking of her today and reflecting on the way she lived her life and how inspiring she was. And how sad it is that there never seems to be enough time...

3 comments:

Grand Sumo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grand Sumo said...

Such a beautiful girl. Let's keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Love you and miss you, livvy.

Dylan said...

I've been wanting to respond to this all week, but I just don't know what to say, O. I'm so sorry for your loss.