Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Girls Got It Bad



Winter solstice came and went. Which means the daylight will begin to slowly invade the night hours. Minute by minute. Creeping oh so quietly. In the meantime, we still have months of winter to contend with, so a girl's mind gets to wandering. My urge to travel is overwhelming.
I was thinking back to the last big trip I took years ago to India. (Posted above are a few pictures from this amazing village called Hampi and the ruins of Vijaynagara. Apparently it is believed that Vijaynagar was the second largest city in the world at the end of the 15th century with 500,000 inhabitants.) It was definitely one of the most amazing places I've ever been. But it's been far too long since that trip and my daydreams are getting stale. So where next? I am thinking Iceland. Their economy could certainly use the help. Where would you go if you could?

No comments: