Monday, April 20, 2009

Another jolie laidey whom I love...

Ah Sofia... (And while we're at it, I like your foxy baby daddy from the band Phoenix, too...)


I love this last photo taken while she was shooting The Virgin Suicides. I remember being very curious about Sofia's directing debut. First of all, poor Sofia had gotten a bum rep from her disastrous acting turn in that uh...rather famous movie her dad directed. And second, The Virgin Suicides was a seminal novel for me growing up. I read it over and over, hanging on every phrase, so the idea of a movie adaptation drew skepticism along with the curiosity. I was actually thinking of the author's (Jeffrey Eugenides) descriptions of the foul, fermenting and decaying house the family holed up in while I was watching the movie Grey Gardens the other night (The Grey Gardens house was a real life version of the Lisbons' house). Ah, but I digress...

No comments: